Friday, January 28, 2011

Trimming - First Round

I started off on my armor by marking out the areas where the extra material needed to be removed. After figuring most things out, I started removing the material with my dremel tool. I cut just shy of the sharpie so that there was room for error.









Unfortunately, not all the lines were clear enough leaving me guessing on where the cut line should be. In those cases I used the cut line where the least material was removed. Other pieces I have abandoned until I can get a second opinion.

You can see below the discrepancy in my 2 lines.









After getting things rough cut, I used my files and sand paper to clean things up.









I'm nowhere near done with this step. Its going to take some time to get the basic trimming done and then there will be additional trimming when I begin to fit things to my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment