Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DC-15S

Got my DC-15S "Shortie" today, thanks to Greedo.

Its made of wood and PVC. It came weathered with silver but I started right away adding rust. As someone on the message boards said, "Gree don't work on no Death Star!" In the military if you work in a station that is high profile and has lots of big formations with high ranking officers all your gear has to be perfectly shiny and clean like it just came out of a box.

In t he field things get used, wet and dirty. In the long run, a little dirt is ok. It adds to the camouflage.

If you click the image you can see a closer up view of the rust. Its subtle but it looks better in person.

Later I may add a bit more silver so that the weapon stands out better in pictures.









Question my judgment if you will, but I have always hated my toy guns having the red safety things in the barrel. I used to drill them out as a kid so my guns looked real. I did the same with this one. It didn't have the red ring, but the hole wasn't very deep. I could just imagine it ruining the magic for some little kid.

"Look ma its a clone! Oh, wait... his gun is fake..."

I know people worry about the cops shooting at them while they troop, but I cant imagine a cop shooting Commander Gree because his weapon looks real. Seriously, there is no operational gun that looks anything like a clone blaster. I have seen cops walk up, drool over the weapons and ask to play with them. LOL

Of course that's what it all boils down to. "We" love playing with weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment