Monday, January 24, 2011

Build Day 1 - Hello World

Today marks the official day 1 of my build. I have done my reading and researching, my networking and contacting, and pre-ordering things that are available.

For the record, this build is movie based Phase II Gree, aka. the Revenge of the Sith version that tries to kill Yoda.

People who realize the magnitude of this build have questioned my sanity and my reasoning for doing this rather than some basic storm trooper or white clone. The answer is that my wife wants me to build Gree. Need I any more reason than that? I quote her in saying, "Honey, I want you to be a clone... but you have to be an individual!"

Today I stopped off at Wal-Mart and picked up some clone armor. Darren Wright is the current producer of the Clone 6 line of armor. He was nice enough to meet me and pass off the set he had pulled for me. Below are the package contents in their rough form.










In order to really call it a build day I had to take some time and clean up the edges of the resin pieces. The floor was a mess and I will have to vacuum before I get in trouble.* :P

Below are my NOMEX flight gloves. They are quite comfortable and will go well under my hand backs.









Last collected item is my green motorcycle face shield that I will cut up to be the lens inside the helmet. I may also be able to use it in creating Gree's Macrobinoculars. (Yes, I realize that saying words like "macrobinoculars" in conversation makes me sound like a Trekkie).









* For the record, I have never gotten in trouble for tooling in the living room. My wife is gracious enough and wouldn't want you to think she was a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment